I’ve never been a big turkey burger advocate until my sister, Colleen, introduced me to her amazing recipe. Now it’s a staple in our meals that I make about once a month. They are delicious and simple to make. Also, pretty easy to clean up which is a huge plus while camping!
- 2 lbs ground turkey (85% lean – no leaner or else they will fall apart!)
- 2-3 green onions – chopped
- half to full bunch of cilantro – chopped
- 1 jalapeno – chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 or 1 cup of bread crumbs
- A good splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Some good squirts of mustard (I like spicy brown mustard)
- 1-3 tablespoons of cumin
- Whatever other spices you want to add (oregano, paprika, tumeric, etc)
- Hamburger buns
- Cheese slices (if you like cheeseburgers)
- Combine all the above ingredients into a medium size bowl.
- Use clean hands and mash it all together. I hate (HATE) touching raw meat so I like to put on disposable gloves.
- Create 8 patties out of the creation. I just eyeball it and can get 8 patties. However, my sister weighs each patty to make it 170 grams (she gets 7 patties out of it). Making them the same weight allows them to all cook evenly. Eyeballing it is just easier and to be honest, I’ve never had a problem.
- Shape the patties with an indent in the middle of each (see my picture below). This helps hold the patty together while it cooks.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Place patties on it. Put in freezer.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour. Okay to freeze overnight.
- Heat up the grill.
- Spray both sides of each patty with Pam. Get another person to help you with this – it will go faster.
- Grill patties (add cheese if desired) and enjoy!
Ok so here are some pictures of my ingredients. I do have a confession. I forgot to buy garlic and I didn’t have garlic powder. So I added the next best thing – onion powder to give it more flavor. It got the job done!
Combine it all in a bowl and mash it together.
Then create your patties and put in the freezer for at LEAST 1 hour.
Grill and eat!
THANKS FOR COMING TO MY FIRST RECIPE BLOG POST!!! OK BYEEEE! 🙂